Tuesday 23 September 2008

The Beginning of Music and the End of It (John Cage)

"Many people in our society now go around the streets and in the buses and so forth playing radios with earphones on and they don't hear the world around them. They hear only what they have chosen to hear.

I can't understand why they cut themselves off from that rich experience which is free. I think this is the beginning of music, and I think that the end of music may very well be in those record collections."

- John Cage, in conversation with E. Grimes (1984), from: Richard Kostelanetz (1988, page 235).

3 comments:

El mejor Trading simulador said...

I am extremely impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it’s rare to see a nice blog like this one today..

Fabulosa Promocion Telmex said...

Thank you for sharing this content, that is nice one…. I prefer it a lot and Hope other people might enjoy it also.

Test velocidad ADSL said...

This is really interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your excellent post. Also, I’ve shared your website in my social networks!