Thursday 7 February 2008

A Writer's Journal (5)

"Isabel Allende, what is your passion?"

"I would say my passion is life itself, everything that happens in life. This is why I am a writer, because I want to tell of all people's lives. I want to fix it all in writing so that it won't be forgotten."
- From: My Question For Myself, taken from Granta, Issue No. 100, Winter 2007, page 208.

"Richard Ford, do you know what's important to you?"

"No, but I can make it up."
- From: My Question For Myself, taken from Granta, Issue No. 100, Winter 2007, page 290.

This is part of a project initiated by Carolin Seeliger (photographer) and Tobias Wenzel (literary journalist). ‘My Question For Myself’ is taken from their forthcoming book of the same title. The German edition will be published April 2008 by Benteli. More information and photographs can be found at Question For Myself · book project.

Check out the British literary quarterly Granta, which is part magazine, part Journal, an anthology published as a paperback book, under: granta · literary quarterly. Granta, originally an old Cambridge University magazine, has been going strong in its second incarnation, ever since its relaunch by Bill Buford in 1979.

No comments: